Thank you and welcome to my website!
My name is Jason Kaune and I represent you on the Orinda Union School District. I am a consensus builder who brings independent thinking and fiscal prudence to the District Board of Trustees. My wife and I have two boys at Sleepy Hollow.
My priorities are to maintain academic excellence and improve our public schools through innovation and flexibility.
- Improved communication among all stakeholders
- Opportunities for all kids of all abilities
- Civic education, smart use of technology, and long-range planning
I believe in transparency and feedback. Here’s a summary of my key OUSD meeting activities:
- Sworn in December 10 OUSD meeting
- California School Board Association (CSBA) Conference in San Francisco, December 2014
- Meetings with OUSD staff and community leaders, December 2014-January 2015
Please let me know what you value! I host coffee hours at the Orinda Theater Starbucks once a month on Thursdays between board meetings. I would love to meet you and hear your thoughts on how we can maintain excellence in our classrooms.
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Thursdays at Starbucks Orinda Theater Square
- November 12